May 14, 2009

star trek, a drawing by major tom


This is Major Tom to Captain Kirk. Come in, Captain Kirk. The stars look very different today and I've been floating in the most peculiar way. I'm sure you can relate. I'm not a Trekkie but I do follow you on Twitter. I recently saw the new Star Trek, and Chris Pine is no William Shatner. They could have used you, sir. At least as assistant director/captain, or narrator/captain, or assistant something, Captain!
I based this drawing on a moment where the Enterprise might be sailing along in outer-space while you read the Captain's Log. I hope you like it.
Well at least the film wasn't a saddening bore and they'll probably do more. So best of luck to you in the future, Captain. Or is it Admiral? I think my spaceship knows which way to go. Now if I could only reach ground control. Over.