July 31, 2012

my son loves motorbikes


My son loves motorbikes. He calls them dodos, like motos (I suppose). He's one and a half and likes planes, trains, automobiles and boats too, of course. But he holds a special place for motorbikes. He waves hi and bye to them on the street. All kinds. He doesn't want to sit on one. Just get good and close and pay his respects, saluting any given dodo for bringing him joy; "dodo!, dodo!, hi dodo!, hi..!" I realize every parent has numerous memorable experiences about their toddler communicating their first passions. I don't remember my early years and can only recall wanting things later on. My son doesn't want a motorcycle though. He simply appreciates them. A natural attraction, I guess, that wasn't brought on by myself or his mother. I love that.